Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More door fun

Continuing on with fun things about my door. A few days ago I finally got around to turning my door into a speaker. It's actually pretty simple. Four transducers (horribly simplified, they're the part of a speaker that moves to make noise) are hot glued to my door. They're wired up in pairs in series, one is the left and one is the right channel. Both pairs are hooked up to an awesome little class D amplifier which is duct taped to my wall and plugged into my computer. In short, my door is now another audio output for my computer. My motherboard's left channel is dead so I can only use half of the transducers at the moment but I'm getting a cheap usb sound card to be dedicated to being the output for my door.


Overview
Zoomed
Sketchily mounted amplifier with volume control

No comments:

Post a Comment