Thursday, December 15, 2011

New plan!

So, about a month and a half ago I took down my new blog due to a bot attack and hadn't gotten around to putting it back up yet. I just started working on it again today, and decided against restoring my drupal installation. It was causing me some trouble, (I foolishly tried to update the installation while bringing it back) and I'm planning on completely overhauling my site over January. I decided that for now, I'll stick to using this blog.

Speaking about that, I'm planning on redoing my whole site to combine my original personal site, alex.willisson.org and this blog while revamping it's look so it doesn't look like it hasn't been updated since the 90's. As much as I like having beautifully simple coding, a background that doesn't blind the user, and a site that scaled to any browser with the same block of code, it looks pretty bad. My new site will probably be based on Movable Type, and hopefully someone I know who actually knows how to make websites look good will be helping me design the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment